The School of the Museum of Fine Arts Café, was completed in the summer of 2019 with Analogue Studio, CSL Consultants and Tufts University to provide new dining services to the students, faculty and staff. The renovations included 3,000 sf of a new commercial kitchen and serving area, with custom mill-work, high-end equipment, creative finishes and signage.
The job required precise selective demolition, integration of HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems as well as a new fire suppression system. In addition, the team collaborated to relocate and reconstruct the school’s mail room and make renovation improvements to the Metals Shop.
This historic 1929 building was once a wing of the Boston MFA, now utilized as Tufts’ Fine Arts School.