The estimator will be responsible for estimating commercial and retail construction projects in a timely manner with full specifications and details, following submittals and RFI's. We are an estimating professional that is self-motivated, extremely well organized and accurate; excels in a fast-paced deadline oriented environment, and is capable of working in a team environment. The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator with an ability to prioritize and multi task.
READ ARCHITECTURAL AND ID DRAWINGS AND UNDERSTAND SPECIFICATIONS.
- Provide correct take offs.
- Estimate materials and labor, and budget for commercial and retail projects.
- Form strong working relationships with subcontractors, estimators, architects and owners.
- Commit to deadlines and deliver accurate estimates in a timely fashion.
- Manage and respond to RFIs and submittals during the job acquisition cycle.
- Attend on site pre-bid proposals and job meetings as needed.
- Minimum of 5 years construction experience, estimating experience strongly preferred
- Experienced with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word
- Proficiency in takeoff software a plus
- High degree of organization and accuracy
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong time management skills