Senior Commercial Construction Superintendent (7+ Years)
SIGN-ON, STAY ON, ANNIVERSARY & PROJECT SPECIFIC BONUS INCENTIVES
Groom Construction, a well-respected and growing privately held General Contractor located in Salem, MA, is seeking a highly experienced Commercial Construction Superintendent capable of managing commercial projects up to $40M. This position requires on-site supervision and coordination of all field operations required to successfully complete projects on-time and within budget. The ideal candidate will have extensive commercial construction experience, preferably within the greater Boston market; will have an established track record of completing projects in the $5M – $40M range; possess strong leadership and communication skills; have a strong safety record and knowledge of OSHA regulations; and be a proven and dependable team player.
- Implement and enforced safety policies – strong understanding of OSHA regulations; lead project safety meetings, ensure compliance by subcontractors and suppliers, etc.
- Maintain daily construction log and oversee onsite safety program.
- Work closely with Project Manager to oversee and facilitate project schedule
- Provide strong leadership to project team, including subcontractors, vendors, architects, owners, etc.
- Adhere to project schedules to ensure that milestones are met.
- Manage oversight and retention of all documents relevant to the project.
- Conduct weekly “Toolbox Talks” meetings with all personnel working on-site.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 7-10 years construction management experience, leading a variety of commercial construction projects in the $5M – $40M range.
- Current MA Construction Supervisors License
- OSHA 30 certified
- Knowledge of current building and construction codes
- Strong organization, communication (verbal and written), and problem-solving skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of Microsoft Office programs and ProCore project management software