Retail Traveling Carpenter
SIGN-ON, STAY ON, ANNIVERSARY & PROJECT SPECIFIC BONUS INCENTIVES
Groom Construction, a well-respected and growing General Contractor located Salem, MA, is seeking retail carpenters around the country that have experience working on big-box retail projects.
We’re currently looking for highly motivated, self-sufficient individuals that are extremely productive and drive to produce the highest quality results in a fast-paced, demanding atmosphere. Candidates must have both rough and finished carpentry skills and other light construction experience. Travel is required with accommodations provided. All team members are required to have tools and to maintain a valid driver’s license.
Drywall finishing, tile installation, and painting trade skills are a plus. Experience with store remodels, store setup crews, big-box retail experience, and/or new store openings is highly desired.
- Qualifications: Practical knowledge and use of hand and power tools.
Must provide personal tools, i.e., tape measure, box blade, screwdriver, drills, saws, etc (full tool list will be provided)
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and be willing to drive up to 750 miles.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Must be capable of working overnight shifts
- Ability/Willing to travel throughout the US when needed
- Ability to perform daily essential physical functions of lifting up to 80 pounds.
- Professional appearance.
- Must be able to conduct yourself in a professional manner
- Must be able to interact with the general public
- Must be able to complete general paperwork
- Retail (or even residential) remodel experience
- Flooring (VCT, VLT, carpet)
- Electrical disconnects
- Display/Fixture Assembly
- Taping and mudding skills are preferred to a level 4 finish.
- Ability to navigate and make changes to an Excel document is a plus.
- Ability to navigate and make changes to a Word document is a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite is a plus.
- Ability to read blueprints is a plus.