The estimator will be responsible for estimating commercial and institutional construction projects in a timely manner with the ability to fully read specifications and drawings, legends, and equipment schedules, following different document iterations (schematic, construction, and permit sets). We are searching for an estimating professional that is self-motivated, extremely well organized, and accurate; excels in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment, and is capable of working in a team environment as well as taking on smaller projects individually with supervision. The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator with an ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Build/Submit Proposals (Includes Budgeting, Scheduling, & Overall Approach to a Project )
- Manage Subcontractor Invitation to Bid (ITB)
- Scope Takeoffs
- Subcontractor scoping/leveling
- Perform Project Buyout & Contracting after Project Award
- Maintain knowledge of competitive advantages in the industry to aid the bidding process
- Resolve cost discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
- Obtain accurate quotes for materials and systems to establish accurate cost estimates
- Bachelor’s degree desired in construction management, civil engineering, mechanical engineering or equivalent experience
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles
- Familiarity with blueprints and ability to read plans
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Procore, OnScreen Takeoff (OST) and Building Connected
- 3- 5 years’ of construction experience preferred; *Willing to train the right candidate.