Big Box Retail Traveling Superintendent
SIGN-ON, STAY ON, ANNIVERSARY & PROJECT SPECIFIC BONUS INCENTIVES
Groom Construction’s Retail Division is seeking experienced Traveling Retail Superintendents to manage Big-Box remodel projects nationwide. The Retail Superintendent is responsible for the entire construction project from mobilization to completion, by providing the knowledge, skills, and experience to run day-to-day operations on the job site. The Project Superintendents’ top priority is field coordination, working closely with the Subcontractor(s) to ensure that they are always focused on quality and workmanship that exceeds industry standards. The Project Superintendent must ensure that the work is carried out safely, correctly, within budget, and on schedule.
The ideal candidate will have previously managed successful remodeling projects within the big-box retail setting – Target, Best Buy, Kohls, etc. The ability to manage both the general construction trades, as well as experience with fixture installation is required.
Previous experience as a superintendent managing Target remodels is a huge plus.
SIGN-ON BONUS COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE!
- Collaborate with engineers, subcontractors, etc. to determine project needs
- Set performance goals and deadlines
- Plan construction processes
- Manage costs, including monitoring employee hours and tracking changes
- Supervise staff and provide constructive feedback
- Monitor and report on project progress
- Plan inspections and obtain construction permits from local authorities
- Implement safety and quality guidelines
- Order the appropriate equipment and arrange for regular maintenance
- Keep track of material stock and orders
- Ensure the job site remains safe, clean, and orderly
- Resolve on-site issues and emergencies
- Must be able to read blueprints
- Computer literacy with experience in Procure is a plus
- Candidates must be able to travel for lengths of time and be willing to work either the night shift or day shift. Superintendents typically works the day shift while the fixturing team works the evening shift.