Groom Construction is proud to be a family-owned company with a commitment to our employees that extends beyond "just business". We are committed to developing happy and healthy employees who are just as passionate about construction as we are. Groom offers an array of benefits to ensure you and your future are well cared for.
The following benefits are currently available to all full-time employees:
PAID VACATION, SICK TIME, AND HOLIDAYS
401(K) PENSION PLAN WITH EMPLOYER MATCH
ONGOING TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT
LIFE AND ACCIDENTAL DEATH & DISMEMBERMENT INSURANCE
LONG TERM DISABILITY INSURANCE
SUPPLEMENTAL LIFE INSURANCE
EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
COMPREHENSIVE HEALTH INSURANCE
The estimator will be responsible for estimating commercial and retail construction projects in a timely manner with full specifications and details, following submittals and RFI's. We are an estimating professional that is self-motivated, extremely well organized and accurate; excels in a fast-paced deadline oriented environment, and is capable of working in a team environment. The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator with an ability to prioritize and multi task.
Read architectural and ID drawings and understand specifications.
- Provide correct take offs.
- Estimate materials and labor, and budget for commercial and retail projects.
- Form strong working relationships with subcontractors, estimators, architects and owners.
- Commit to deadlines and deliver accurate estimates in a timely fashion.
- Manage and respond to RFIs and submittals during the job acquisition cycle.
- Attend on site pre-bid proposals and job meetings as needed.
- Minimum of 5 years construction experience, estimating experience strongly preferred
- Experienced with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word
- Proficiency in takeoff software a plus
- High degree of organization and accuracy
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong time management skills
Fixture Installers will work on retail construction projects throughout the county. Applicants must have the ability to travel for a minimum of 3-4 weeks at a time; have previous fixture installation experience; a valid driver’s license; and basic carpentry skills. Experience with finished carpentry, tiling (VCT and/or ceramic), painting, drywall, framing (wood or metal stud) is a plus. Applicants must carry themselves in a professional manner and must be able to work in a team environment.
- Perform Fixture Installations and construction related tasks within retail stores on a nationwide basis.
- Work closely with other installers, Superintendents, Project Managers, and personnel from retail stores, subcontractors, and other general contractors.
- Adhere to project schedules to ensure that milestones are met
- Ability to travel for 3-4 weeks at a time
- Ability to work day, nights, and weekends, as required.
- Previous fixture installation experience
- Basic carpentry skills – experience with finished carpentry, tiling, painting, drywall, laminating skills, carpet installation, etc. is ideal.
- OSHA 10 certification – those not currently certified will be required to become certified prior to being deployed on a project (Groom will cover all costs)
- Fork Lift & First Aid certifications
- Valid driver’s license
- Tool Bag & basic tools
We are seeking experienced carpenters for various size projects. We specialize in residential, commercial, tenant fit-outs and retail construction projects including ground-up building, remodeling, retail rollouts, etc.
Requirements for Carpenter:
- Previous experience in similar projects
- Finish carpentry skills
- Carpenters must have own tools and transportation
- Carpenters must adhere to project reporting, timecard, and administrative requirements.
- Ability to adapt to changing schedules
Benefits for Carpenter:
Very competitive compensation